Planning can be as long as five years in advance for exhibitions at GLAM institutions and costs can vary from several thousand pounds to hundreds of thousands of pounds.
It is advisable to contact the relevant exhibitions specialist at the institution at the earliest possible convenience to discuss the possibilities.
- Curatorial time – although may be given ‘in-kind’. See section on How much will the PER activity cost? in the GLAM PER Toolkit for further details
- Display costs, e.g. exhibition materials, plinths, lighting, AV/interactives, signage, mounting, framing
- Technical installation
- Marketing, e.g. print costs, advertising, press/PR
- Object hire/loan costs, e.g. hire, transportation, insurance
- In-gallery staffing, e.g. security, tour guides
- Hospitality costs
- Evaluation costs, e.g. PER Evaluation Officer time, survey costs (tablet or paper surveys), volunteer costs
Note that this is not an exhaustive list and that these type of activities may incur costs not listed here.
Please contact the relevant team to discuss costs as soon as possible.